- Follow the suggested lesson plan. We should have enough information to engage the students, but not too much to bore them. Allow time for questions and ideas when appropriate.
- Enjoy yourself. Enjoy being in your child’s classroom. This is a break from your busy, crazy world. Remember if the lesson doesn’t go “perfectly” that’s okay, just make the most out of it and then commiserate with your teacher after. She’ll understand.
- Be positive and enthusiastic no matter what they do. All students express themselves differently.
- Have the students sign the back of their artwork unless otherwise noted.
- If you would like to observe another docent teaching a lesson, please contact me.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! All the students will thank you and the teachers will thank you, too.
Please call or email me with any questions, concerns, or comments.