I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and excited for 2013. I wanted to take this time to highlight some of our accomplishments for the 2012/2013 school year.
First, I would like to say, “THANK YOU.” for an amazing start of the year. I am excited that we have so many new faces volunteering at school. There are many other ways that you can help out if you are unable to help during school hours. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Highlights to share:
- PTA membership increased to 627 members (includes 100% Teacher participation)
- Successful Jog-A-Thon – We raised over $53K, exceeding our goal of $45K
- School Chorus formed with over 70 students participating
- First school in district to pilot IPADs in all grades
- Expanding our Growing Green program – Began implementation of the Eco-School Consumption/Waste Pathway and Terracycling
- LM Gardens – Classrooms grew a salad and first Family Dirt Day – planting plans throughout the school
- Book Fair – raised ~$2K
- Participated in Stuff-A-Bus Food Drive
- Exciting upcoming events (Check out the website to learn more):
- 3rd Annual Talent Show – tryouts on January 17 (need permission slip), Show on Thursday, February 7
- Family Dirt Day on Saturday, January 26
- 100th Day – Sock collection (benefits Ventura County Protective Services), Friday, February 15
- 5th Annual Dinner Dance and Auction on Saturday, February 23
You can see we do a lot as a community to advocate, enrich, and inspire our children during their years at La Mariposa. We appreciate your continued support and encourage you to make a difference and be an active part of your children’s school grade years.
Happy New Years,
2012-2013 PTA President