The entire La Mariposa Community is invited to an outdoor showing of James and the Giant Peach. Every La Mariposa teacher has been reading James and the Giant Peach aloud to their class. Grade levels have used the book to teach reading comprehension skills, allowing teachers to collaborate across the grade levels. As a celebration of our reading community, we will show the movie for parents, students, and family members to enjoy.
When is the movie being shown?
- Thursday, November 15th.
- Gates open at 5:30. Family cannot reserve seats. Anything left in the quad prior to 5:30 will be removed.
- The movie will begin promptly at 5:45 p.m. and will conclude a few minutes after 7 p.m.
The movie will be shown outdoors, in the center of campus, since we have borrowed an outdoor movie projection screen from Santa Rosa Tech. Families are welcome to bring their dinner to enjoy on the lawn. We will not be selling or providing snacks, so families should plan ahead for dinner and snacks to enjoy during the movie.
What should we bring?
- Blanket (families will be sitting on the grass)
- Low profile lawn chairs (low enough to not block others’ view)
- Dinner and snacks
- Sweatshirts, jackets, blankets in case the temperature drops
It is important for parents to know that while the movie is animated and generally appropriate for elementary students, the movie is rated PG. Below are links to parent rating websites that can provide more info regarding the movie. PLEASE take the time to read these reviews so that you are sure this movie is appropriate for your child.