Each year La Mariposa students participate in the Annual “Jump Rope For Heart” campaign. This year students raised $1708 in donations for the American Heart Association. Along with jumping until their “heart’s content” we had a jump off to see which student in each grade could jump the longest.
- First Grade Winner: Kylie in Mrs. Richards class
- Second Grade Winner: Janelle in Mrs. Angeli’s class
- Third Grade Winner: Karolina in Mrs. Culp’s class
- Fourth Grade Winner: Santi in Mrs. Wallace’s class
- Fifth Grade Winner: Victoria in Mrs. Hudacko’s class
Our overall longest jumper was fifth grader Olivia F. from Miss Hughes’s class. She jumped for four minutes and two seconds, phew!
Special thanks goes out to fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Pearson, and PTA Parent, Diana Goodson, for organizing this year’s event.